When you’re looking for a property to rent, you’ll find Edison Ford easy to deal with and highly knowledgeable about every aspect of lettings. We like to make moving home plain sailing so if you have any questions about the lettings process, read our brief guide below or give us a ring. We’d love to hear from you!
- Find a property you’re interested in
- Arranging to view the property
- Securing the property – Pay the application fee (fixed fee and no additional charges)
- Begin the application process – Complete the reference form, provide copy of driving license or passport and pay the deposit (month and a half of rent)
- That’s it, done!
1. Find a property you’re interested in
The first step to renting a property, finding one that you’d like to call home! We always recommend signing up for property alerts so that you’ll be notified by email or text as soon as a property has come to market that matches your criteria. It’s easy, and takes less than 2 minutes – just make sure you contact us as soon as possible to get a viewing booked in as properties do go quickly! The other options are to keep an eye on property portals (we advertise on Rightmove and Zoopla) or visit our website.
2. Arranging to view the property
We conduct all viewings with a member of our team (accompanied viewings) to be at hand for any questions regarding the property. To arrange a viewing, just get in touch and we’ll do our best to accommodate a time that suits you.
3. Securing a property
A property is “secured” as soon as you’ve paid the application fee, which you can do so by calling us and paying over the phone or by BACS. This fee is equal to £360 (inc VAT) for up to two adults tenants and an additional £90 (inc VAT) for any additional adult tenants (children are not applicable). This fee is not refundable if the tenancy does not come into effect or where Edison Ford does not receive satisfactory references. The application fee will only be refunded if the landlord withdraws the property from the market. Find out more about our tenant fees.
4. Begin the application process
Once you’ve secured the property, you will be required to do the following:
- Complete a referencing form which is used by a credit checking agency in order to determine your creditworthiness and reliability
- Provide a copy of your driving license or passport
5. Move in
Before moving in, you’ll need to:
- Pay the deposit (month and a half of rent) and initial months rent
- Sign the tenancy agreement
- Collect the keys! (The date is agreed in the tenancy agreement). Upon collecting the keys, you will receive a copy of the inventory of the contents and condition of the property. You are required to check the inventory and advise Edison Ford of any amendments you wish to make within 7 days of the start of the tenancy.
Now that you’ve moved in, there are some essential things you need to know as a tenant with Edison Ford.